TIPS N TRICKS
No matter what the outcome of your candle vessel is, here are a few tips to help you along the way!
1. If your candle has any imperfections once hardened, use a blow dryer to simply reheat the surface of the candle! It will re-harden and look flawless.
2. If your Moodwax comes out of the microwave looking milky/cloudy or the pearls have not fully melted. Simply re-heat it using 30 sec intervals only. Moodwax should look nice and clear. Then stir in your moodPEARL Aroma. It just means your microwave didn’t heat your moodWAX quick enough. Due to temperature variances.
3. To remove the leftover candle wax from your candle holders, place the holder in your freezer for an hour or so. Remove, let rest for 5 minutes, & your wax should come out in a few chunks
4. Black smoke from candles can cause soot to collect on the inside of your candle holders. This soot can be cleaned with water and a damp cloth or paper towel. You can also try soaking the empty candle holder in soapy warm water or try wiping with rubbing alcohol
5. To remove the wick tabs from the bottom of your burned through candle holders, simply soak them in hot soapy water for a few minutes. Then scrape off with a spoon!
6. You can scent your MoodWAX using Essential Oils you already have on hand. Please note at least 1TBS of EO will be needed to scent your MoodWAX pouch. Also remember to add in your scent after the microwave part!
Our moodWAX microwaveable bag was designed as a 1 use product. To attain the best results we recommend microwaving the entire bag and scenting it using our moodPEARLS (Using 1 Jar of moodPEARLS to achieve the best results) We do not recommend reheating your scented wax as it will only burn off the infused oils or adding any other substances to your wax.
No Microwave? Not to worry! Double Boiler it.
For those of you who do not have a microwave, not too worry! We suggest using the double boiler method for an economical way to melt your moodWAX. Simply empty your bag into the double boiler and warm up your wax to 180F (Do not exceed this temp). Then add your infused moodPEARLS (follow our guidelines on bag)
A few things to considers......
1. Never put the melted wax in water down the drain. It will cool & solidify resulting in clogged pipes!
2. Never use a microwave to melt the wax inside your old candle holders. The wick holder is made of metal, which could not only ruin your microwave but start a fire!
When you burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time is called a Power Burn. This can be very dangerous and is not recommended. We recommend having multiple moodWAX candles on the go. This way you can alternate your burning vessels to keep the mood going!
This is not only a waste of wax but usually heartbreaking in the world of candle love. This occurs when the wick burns straight down leaving excess wax around the sides of your vessel. Most often your wick is too small. Try wicking up to the next size next time or using multiple wicks of the same size. Refer to our Candle Wicking Chart for more wick guidance.
This is the liquid layer of wax that forms as the candle burns. Ideally you want it to stretch and cover the surface of your candle vessel. Also you want it to be about 1/4-1/2 inch thick only. If your melted wax is thicker than that, your wick(s) are too large. Burn your candle the first time until the meltpool is the total surface of your candle vessel as wax has a great memory!
This is a bloom or crystalline effect that occurs on the surface of your candle. Most common in natural waxes like Soy. Try mixing your moodPEARLS for 2-3 min longer to allow the wax to cool down & the oils to infuse more.
Also known as "wet spots". This happens when the wax pulls away from the glass or vessel walls. Very common in container candles. Try mixing your moodPEARLS for 2-3 min longer to allow the wax to cool down & the oils to infuse more.
This is the unburned wax that remains on the walls of your candle vessel when the candle is fully burned. Try wicking up one size next time or using multiple wicks in the same size!
Sink Holes/Cracking: DUE to the cold and crispness in the air, your candles may have issues in the colder months when hardening. Get out your Blowdryers!!
These are large craters or holes that form in your Soy candles after it has completely cooled. Try microwaving your moodWAX longer next time by adding another 45 sec into the heat time & also mixing your moodPEARLS for 2 min longer to allow the wax to cool down & the oils to infuse more. YOUR BLOW DRYER IS PERFECT FOR FIXING ANY CANDLE BLEMISHES! Just melt the wax with it and it will even out the top layer of wax and blemishes will disappear.
Wick mushrooming is common in 100% natural hemp wicks. It's part of the beauty of a homemade candle. Simply trim each wick to 1/4 of an inch before each use.
For those of you who are needing some extra guidance in your quest for the perfect custom candle, our mood team would be happy to help! Shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org